Friday, October 12, 2012

Fall Trip Day Fourteen

Left Manitou Springs just west of Colorado Springs this morning.  No, I didn't venture up to Pikes Peak but kept my touristing to the Ghost Town Museum (worth the visit) and a drive around the Broadmore Hotel and Golf Course.  This is OLD MONEY and the entire area is eye opening and very well kept up.

Manitou Springs and Old Colorado City flow together and are the places to go in the Colorado Springs area..  This is where I stayed last night.

To get through Colorado Springs and head back east, I plugged into the GPS, Cheyenne Wells in far Eastern Colorado and off I went.  I cruised along on the deserted 2-lane highways in the range of 85 mph.  I stopped at Fort Morgan at the most westerly county in Kansas and thought I'd never get out.  I had my own personal guided tour by two elderly guides.  I noticed I was the first to sign the guest book in 4 days, (see photos).

I am staying at a mom and pop motel in Western Kansas and will head home tomorrow.  I don't anticipate another blog entry with this trip.  I think everyone has already seen a truck stop like the ones on I-70 in Salina.

Thanks to all for following........Dave



 

No comments:

Post a Comment