Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fall Trip Day Eight


Flagstaff, AZ to Grand Canyon.  Even though school has started, the Park was pretty busy of which I would say half were foreigners.  With my National Park Senior Pass I was able to pass  the long entry line and the $25 fee.  I drove the south rim and stopped at all the view pull outs.  It's an impressive place.




Grand Canyon up to Page, AZ and Lake Powell.  The photos of the dam show Utah in the background.  Page is the perfect town located on the lake without any reservations, slums, railroad tracks or business's like pawn shops.  I'll take some photo's in the morning since I didn't this evening, being too busy trying to find a room.  It is a very crowded town full of tour buses that obviously all had reservations.  I ended up at a Motel 6 at $116 a night, full of German party folks.  Actually it's very nice and will throw a single photo in.
Motel 6 - Page, Arizona


No comments:

Post a Comment